The town may not exist yet but we are working on it!
Center Grove is a special place, let’s keep it that way!
Center Grove Vision -
To preserve the quality of life in Center Grove by establishing a town with limited government.
The town of Center Grove will not operate following the traditional model for cities and towns. The plan presented on this website is based on research of other successful new towns and towns and cities that have faced major budget problems, even bankruptcy, and found non-traditional solutions. In every case these communities minimized or reduced expenses by partnering with other governments or contracting with private companies to provide the services the residents needed and expected.
The town of Center Grove will not create departments, or perform any task without searching for the most effective and efficient way to provide the service. The plan explicitly seeks out partnerships with area governments, communities and private businesses to create a town with a reasonable tax rate, limited government and local control. The town does not seek to control its residents but rather empower them to control the future of their community.
The town will follow the key characteristics of effective and efficient public organizations:
- Know the cost of government
- Know what each service and position truly costs
- Make this information readily available to the public
- Focus on the core functions
- Do only those things local government is supposed to do
- Seek out partnerships with area governments & agencies
- Do not create an agency or department to do what is better done by others
- Budget for performance and measure it
- Be sure that services are efficiently and effectively provided
- Embrace competition
- Allow private companies or other governments to provide services
- Measure customer satisfaction
- Seek input from residents
- Respond to problems quickly
- Change things as needed
The Town of Center Grove can operate with a low tax rate, provide the services residents expect and take responsibility for our community. It has been said that Center Grove does not have a large enough business property tax base to support a town. The proposed budget and tax rate are based on our current assessed value. The burden on homeowners will decrease as we begin to keep the businesses in our community that are built in our community.
Local government will allow us to assure that the growth has a positive influence on our community. Not development under control of others that can harm our property value and the quality of life in our community.